Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mind get weary, heart get heavy

I have a habit of thinking, then thinking too much, then over-thinking. Eventually, I psych myself out of whatever it was I was thinking about doing or trying. And then I don't do it. Then I think about not doing it. Then I get frustrated that I over-thought and didn't actually do anything. Vicious cycle.

Ray Lamontagne says:
"Don't let your mind get weary
And confused your will be still, don't try
Don't let your heart get heavy
Child, inside you there's a strength that lies"


No matter what I'm thinking at any given time, certain music always has the ability to calm my thoughts, my frustrations, my doubts, and my over-thought failures to think clearly.

Morten Lauridsen writes music to:
"O great mystery
and wondrous sacrament,
that animals should see the newborn Lord
lying in their manger."


It doesn't get clearer than that midnight clear, does it?


Does anyone else also find their impressive beards comforting?
They're exquisite.

No comments:

Post a Comment