Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wondering

At times, you wonder... And then you know... It's a good feeling to know... At other times, you have to keep wondering. But doesn't wonder make life exciting and mysterious? And when you know everything, what is there to know? Closure doesn't always reveal itself. In time. You can even drive 1000 miles to find that closure and never get it. Remember Vanessa Carlton and her song, 1000 miles? Theme of the holiday weekend.

If I could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass me by? 'cuz you know I'd walk a thousand miles if I can just see you tonight.

Or Sara Bareilles' simplicity in "Many the Miles"

How far do I have to go to get to you? Many the miles, many the miles.

They're talking about 1000 miles to get to someone you love. You don't have to be reimbursed for gas when you're seeing someone you love. But you still want your curiosity and feelings to be reimbursed, or rather, truthful, reciprocated or not. In the end, you find that the miles were worth the journey, to and from...and during your visiting time. Worth every penny for gas.

I'd walk a thousand miles to see my best friend. The effort and reception is enough closure for a love between friends, miles apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment