Thursday, July 7, 2011

Peanut Butter

You know when you're sick, and your nose is full of mucus? You can't breathe while you're sleeping. It's not peaceful anymore. You can't taste your favorite foods, like peanut butter. The wise Charlie Brown once said, "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love." Maybe I don't know what peanut butter tastes like. Maybe I never will. Maybe Nutella is a better choice. Sorry Reeses, Nutty Bars, Peanut Butter Star Ice Cream, PB&J. You're just not for me. Hold the PB.

If you love a soul more then fame and gold. And that soul feels the same about you. Its a natural fact, there is no turning back.

It's easy being independent. Until you find something or someone to depend on...or something or someone you want to depend on. They all say, you shouldn't have to do anything to win love. You shouldn't. It's easy when you've had way too much peanut butter. Now you have a stomach ache. But, soon, you miss it when it's not around. You keep coming back for more. You don't have to do anything to win that peanut butter over. It just sits there in front of you. Jar after jar. Unless you have nut allergies. Don't do it.

Baby, I’ve got silver and I’ve got gold. But when push comes to shove, this is getting old.

I wish peanut butter would love me back. I wish I knew it.

A wise professor of mine once said,
"We won't understand all of it now because we are incapable. The process is what keeps me going. The discovery of things. The wrestling that takes place to try and better understand why it's important and why or how it fits into my life. The older and more 'knowledgeable' I get, the more I realize I don't know. Maybe that's wisdom?"

Or rather, in this special case...

We won't understand our love for peanut butter now because we are incapable. The process is what keeps me going. The discovery of peanut butter. The wrestling that takes place with the peanut butter to try and better understand why the peanut butter is important and why or how the peanut butter fits into my life. The older and more knowledgeable I get, the more I realize I don't know about peanut butter. Maybe that's wisdom?

An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception.

My song is love unknown,
My Savior's love to me;
Love to the loveless shown,
That they might lovely be.

No comments:

Post a Comment