Monday, October 7, 2013

Who You Are, and you are not the fox.

I just found out today what the fox says.
What is HAPPENING with that?


I've not always been super big on Youtube videos like the following, kind of really emotional and charismatic, in a way, but I'm beginning to understand what they're saying, in principle. I'm posting them because I love you. And you are worth it. We're funny in different ways, strong in different facets, talented in different arenas.



You are so worth it that Christ would die for you. God loves you that much, so far beyond Twitter wars and objects and name brands and location and hair color and relationship status and resumes and your body and the amount of throw pillows on your bed and Facebook likes and Twitter followers and musical taste and acne and drugs and alcohol and your apartment and your failures and that unrequited love you have sitting in the pit of your gut, weighing you down, and whatever the fox says.

How can we not be filled with joy upon this news? HOW CAN WE NOT WANT TO SHARE IT? It's not about telling yourself how awesome you are. It's about recognizing you and others were knit together some years ago, in the name of love. You guys, that's really cool. Not even the fox is that cool.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
you works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
- Psalm 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment