Thursday, August 25, 2011

12:44 a.m. thinking of chocolate chip cookies

10:42 a.m.
Hit snooze four times, until approximately 11:00 a.m.

11:15 a.m.
Hit the shower, approximately 14 minutes long.

11:46 a.m.
Leave for lunch with Grandma...I have to meet her at noon, but it takes me 20 minutes to get there. Blast.

12:10 p.m.
Wait for the train just five minutes from the Bull's Eye Bar and Grill. Late.

...If only I would have hit snooze once, hit the shower at 11, left at 11:30, just missed the train at 11:57, and arrived for lunch on time, I would have had more time - to spend with Grandma - time not wasted on the grogginess of snoozing repeatedly, road rage, the stress of being late, unlocking the car door (still groggy), stepping up onto the curb, frantically opening the door, and apologizing for my tardiness.

If there is one thing I need to work on, it's time. But, that was way back when in the time of youth. You remember? When I had a two-hour detention for being tardy 3 days in a row. It's quickly becoming more like long ago. The days of apathy, reliance, codependence, procrastination, and youthful, wishful thinking are coming to a close. I can't really say what I want to be when I grow up, because I'm 23 years old. I'm growing up now! Of course it's not a terrible thing! It's a beautiful thing. But, did you know how much of a pain it is to start budgeting, call to set up cable, Internet, natural gas, and electricity in your apartment, while planning how you're going to pack a little beauty of a U-haul trailer with all of you sh**, which seems so giant and unnecessary all of a sudden? Growing pains, I guess.

Chi-town, here I come!
(Won't it be fun to see if I actually say the same in the morning.)

12:24 a.m.
Journal about days of goodbyes. But also I love you's, I'll see you soon's, and I'll miss you's. It's okay to miss the loves of your life and to be missed by them. That's a part of growing up, too.






12:49 a.m.
Thinking I'm clever, come up with a, uh, clever saying that describes this post. Yes!
That's the way the delicious chocolate chip cookie of youth crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment